An SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates are small data files that function to bind an organization’s information to a cryptographic key of which when installed on a web server activates the padlock and the HTTPS protocol allowing secure transfer of information from the web server to the browser.
A cpanel is a hosting control panel that is web based provided by numerous hosting providers to web site owners allowing them to easily control their websites from a web based interface. The program gives users a privilege of graphical interface on which they can control and manage their portion of the Unix server.
Installing SSL/TLS Certificate cPanel 11
After the certificate has been activated and also most definitely issued by the certificate authority to you can now go no to the following steps so as to install the certificate to the cPanel.
The steps include:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- In the security section locate and click the SSL/TLS manager.
- Manage SSL for your site menu by clicking on the manage SSL sites under the install.
Some hosting providers do not have the above option for managing SSL sites in their cPanel. For such a case it might be necessary to make effort to contact the hosting provider so to perform the installation process or identifying the actual installation guide for third-party certificates on their sites.
- Copy the certificate code that you will receive from the certificate authority including – – – – BEGIN CERTIFICATE – – – – – and – – – – END CERTIFICATE – – – -and paste it into the certificate (CRT) filed on the succeeding page. The files can be easily opened by the use of a text editor like notepad on your device.
The certificate can be found under the *yourdomain*.crt file of which is in most cases sent to you in the email from the certificate authority and otherwise can be downloaded from your account directly.
- Now click on the Autofill by certificate button that appears next to the certificate entered of which the system attempts to fetch the domain name and the private keys. Alternatively, you may also choose the domain and manually input the certificate and also the private key in the corresponding boxes. If at all the system fails to fetch the private key you can fetch it in the private keys in the SSL/TLS manager.
- Copy and paste the immediate certificate chain into the box beneath the certificate authority bundle if by any chance it is not filled already
- Now click on the install certificate option. Now the certificate is now installed on the server for your site. Congratulations!
The following steps are involved under the basic theme:
- Log into your cPanel account.
- In the security section locate and click on the SSL/TLS section.
- Under the Install and manage SSL for your website menu click Manage SSL sites.
- Copy the received certificate code and paste it on the next page.
- Click on the Autofill by certificate option and the system will attempt to get the domain name and private. If not successful run it manually.
- Copy then paste the chain of intermediate certificates into the certificate authority bundle if it was not filled already.
- Finally now click on the install certificate option of which now it is fully installed.